Monday, May 8, 2017

Weekly Challenge #315

Happy Monday all!!  Thanks to those of you who hung out with me on the live stream while i tangled last night.  My hubby pointed out to me the other day that if you have a Twitch account and want to be notified when i'm streaming you need to make sure that you have the notifications toggle switched to "ON"
 Like so:

Then you should get a notification each time i start streaming.  I will be streaming on Sunday night, but i'm also going to try to stream on Friday during the day.


click to enlarge


 because
FRIDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!  WOO HOO!!
yeah.

So hopefully i'll see some of you then.

This week was jam packed - i gave blood....

goodbye blood
I had lunch with this cutie pie:

Me and Miss E
B-rad and i took the boys for lunch for McHappy Day, and it was a great opportunity to talk to them about Ronald McDonald Charities - and how they were both born premature but we were lucky enough to live close enough to the hospital that we could go to our homes at night.  Chewie found it all very fascinating.  Artoo was somewhat indifferent. lol

Happy McHappy Day
Artoo's class had a special PJ day this week, and he was pretty excited to bring his stuffed Kermit to school and to wear his Darth Vader PJs to school.  His class played games and had snacks and watched Trolls and he had a great day.

It ain't Easy being Green
On Saturday we took the boys to Free Comic Book Day - and then my friend Christine brought her girls over for the day and the kids played in the backyard while we visited and i got a sunburn - and then after they left the boys wanted to make a fire so we had a hot dog roast for supper and that was THE BEST THING EVER - according to the kiddos.

Roasting our Supper

Hot Dogs on the fire taste so much better. 
Sunday afternoon B-rad took the boys on a "special" shopping trip that they all swear has NOTHING to do with a couple of Special Days that are coming up this week.... like my birthday.... on Friday... or mother's day on Sunday.

Artoo keeps giggling everytime he brings up the 'shopping trip' - which is all the time.  It's super cute.

Then we went out to my Brother and his wife's place for a belated Easter Supper - and Chewie was off running with his cousins, playing at the park across the street.  Artoo was content to sit on the living room floor and draw.   must be my kid. ;)


Weekly Challenge #315: "Tangle Study = Molygon"
Last week Rick and Maria released another episode of Kitchen Table Tangles on the Mosiac App - where Maria draws Molygon.  This is one of my favourite tangles - i love the way it looks, but i've never really been satisfied with the way mine turn out.  So the challenge this week is to spend some more time with Molygon because i think, at least for me, sometime the tendency with a new tangle is to try it out once and then you sort of go back to your old stand bys.  Sometimes it's good to go back and spend some time one-on-one with a tangle.

you don't have to make your tile a monotangle unless you want to.  i did.

Molygon on a tan tile
I just love the organic way that molygon grows out of itself.

A helpful tip to remember: Keep the spacing between your molygon as consistent as possible.  this will help with the uniform look of the moon shapes.

 have a great week!


And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC315(Diva Challenge #315) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function. 

If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 

If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future.  Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!! Click the tip jar on the side for a monthly tip, but if you just wanna throw a few bucks my way THIS LINK will give you a one time option.    A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;)



24 comments:

  1. This tile you created is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love your tile!! And a monotangle is a great way to "explore" the pattern :). Will have to try it that way myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tile, and Happy Birthday, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! How exciting, I'll have to make sure I'm free to join in on your stream on Friday! I loved this challenge, it was fun to tangle along with you last night and molygon can be intimidating at first but it's such a joy to tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Laura! Cheers! πŸŽ‚πŸ·πŸŽ‰ Your tile is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful monotangle, I love the pokeroot fillers! Have a very special day on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the challenge. Molygon is a good one to play with

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep searching and can't find the link to the step outs for this tangle.
    Maybe I am just missing it somewhere. First time I've ever had a challenge without a link to step outs? I'll find them. No problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific Molygon! It was so fun to watch you create it on Twitch! I also love that you donate blood! I'm medically unable... thyroid issues. And who doesn't love a good backyard weiner roast! "Happy Birthday!" πŸ˜†πŸ·πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tile is wonderful! SO 3-dimensional. Great color. Wish I could stay awake long enough to see you tangling live. Haven't managed to do so yet. :) Happy Birthday on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday. I'm glad to hear you're having a great week. Your tile is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this was a tough one for me! Not sure if it's acceptable but no mistakes! Thanks for pushing us to do better! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a very happy birthday, Laura - really enjoyed another go at Molygon...like it much better second time round. Yours is wonderful! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved drawing along with the stream on Sunday. Though I missed the beginning and my internet is sketchy (many buffering pauses) Molygon started to make sense.Thank you😁

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank´s for the challenge with Molygon. The pattern isn´t one I use to draw, it is something about it that won´t go along with me. But I did give it a try and maybe someday Molygon will be mine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday from sunny San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your challenge with Molygon was very interesting. I don't love the pattern very much because it is not my favorite, but I enjoyed to draw the challenge. Happy Birthday, dear Laura, and best wishes for you and your family from Germany, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday, Laura! Wishing you a sunny day and a year full of warm hugs.

    For Ginny who is looking for step-outs, see the Zentangle newsletter, 1/29/16. Here is the link -

    http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Zentangle-Newsletter---New-Tangle--Molygon--and-more--.html?soid=1101168872594&aid=TEp23IXPJfI

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, today! I hope youhave a great weekend and I wish you all good things in the year to come.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Laura. Have an extra glass of something special & know that I will be thinking of you on your special day. I'll have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful molygon!
    Hugs for a wonderful happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really like your Molygon. I have a lot of work to do on this one.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!